PE and Sport Premium
We use the money from the Sports Premium Grant to provide our children with equipment and experiences that have a lasting impact on the sporting lives of our children.
Our membership of the MSSP enables us to allow more children to represent the school in sport.
The quality of investments that we make improves the PE provision in the school but also on the overall health and fitness of our pupils.
Schools have a central role to play in supporting all children and young people to live healthy active lives. This is particularly true of primary school where the foundations of positive and enjoyable participation in regular physical activity should be established.
Crucial to achieving this is ensuring that pupils have access to at least 30 minutes of physical activity during the school day, alongside high-quality PE provision taught by confident and knowledgeable teachers and opportunities to experience and participate in a wide range of sports and physical activities. PE and sport premium grant funding should be used by schools towards these aims.
At Bishop Gilpin Primary School, we are committed to providing high-quality physical education (PE) opportunities for our pupils. We recognize the importance of the PE and sports premium funding we receive. Our intent is to continue to develop and enhance the overall PE experience for our pupils and promote a lifelong love for physical activity and sport.
Our key focus areas for PE funding allocation this year are as follows:
Investing in New Sports Equipment:
- We will allocate a portion of the funding to replace old worn sports equipment and acquire new sports equipment and resources to build on the range of curricular and extra-curricular activities available.
- This investment will also ensure that pupils have access to modern and safe equipment, promoting engagement and skill development.
Continuing Our Relationship with Ricards Lodge:
- We are extremely lucky and grateful to be able to use the sports facilities at Ricards Lodge and we will strive to maintain our close partnership with our neighbours to ensure our pupils can benefit from their state-of-the-art facilities.
- This collaboration enables us to offer a wider variety and higher quality of sports and activities, as well as provide students with the experience of using specialized sports facilities.
Investing in CPD for Staff:
- We will allocate funds to provide Continuous Professional Development (CPD) opportunities for our teaching staff.
- This investment will empower our educators with the latest teaching methodologies, ensuring they can deliver high-quality PE lessons that cater to individual pupil needs and abilities.
Investing in Specialist PE Staff:
- We will allocate resources to continue employment of Alec Smail our PE lead who will continue to deliver extracurricular opportunities and oversee our students' participation in sports events.
- Alec Smail will continue to organize and coach extracurricular clubs, develop talent, and ensure our students are well-prepared for inter-school competitions.
Investing in Local Sports Partnership:
- We will collaborate with our local sports partnership, MSSP, who provide PE schemes of work, CPD opportunities, and inter-school competitions.
- This partnership will enrich our PE curriculum, offer our staff valuable training and development opportunities, and enable our pupils to participate in a broader range of inter-school competitions and festivals, fostering healthy competition and sportsmanship.
Through these initiatives, Bishop Gilpin Primary School aims to continue to build a vibrant and inclusive PE program that not only meets the educational requirements but also promotes physical health, teamwork, and a lifelong passion for sports and physical activity among our students. We are committed to tracking the impact of our investments to ensure that every pound spent contributes to the holistic development of our pupils.